Are you trying to live a more environmentally friendly life? Then you’ll probably want to continue that during your holiday. Here, Kalmar Municipality’s sustainability strategist provides some hands-on suggestions for those who want to experience Kalmar the climate-smart way.
- Take the train here. The train station is located in the centre, and Kalmar is perfect for exploring on foot or by cycle.
- Choose a hotel that is environmentally certified.
- Ask where food and drink come from when you eat in a restaurant and choose locally produced or vegetarian food. Then you will benefit both the environment and local industry.
- Dare to ask for a doggy bag for your leftovers when you eat out.
- Shop for souvenirs you will use, preferably locally produced products or groceries.
- Visit flea markets or shop second hand.
- Take the cycle ferry across the Sound for a day trip to Öland by cycle.
- Go on a city walk or try a scenic footpath.